RULES THAT APPLY TO ALL CLASSES
- Judges decisions will be final on all points of controversy.
Any disagreements will result in disqualification. Fighting will NOT be
tolerated YOU and YOUR TRACTOR will be out for the year from that date.
- Open to two-wheel drive, rubber tired tractors, No dual
wheels, chains, or spikes.
- All tractors are to have a switch that will kill the engine
in case chain or draw-bar breaks. The switch will be located six inches
(6”) of either side of center of back of tractor and all tractors must
be equipped with a dead man throttle.
- All exhaust must discharge vertically and be securely
attached or may use factory exhaust system.
- Driver must put his tractor in a neutral position before
chain will be hooked or unhooked from sled and during inspection.
- No portion of tractor shall interfere with the sled hitch or
chain during pull.
- Any part of tractor touching boundary line will result in
- Two attempts will be allowed to start sled. Chain being
hooked to tractor constitutes an attempt. Contestants will not be
disqualified on the first hook if with in shut down line, fifty feet
from starting point. The first puller of each class has the option of
accepting or declining his/her pull except in pull off. If he/she
declines his/her first pull (to change weights or whatever) he/she must
be ready to pull after the running of the next two tractors.
- Driver will be disqualified if he/she delays contest.
- Pulling position will be determined by drawing.
- Weight transfer sled will be used.
- Draw-bar height is 13” above ground, hole size in draw-bar is
a minimum of 1”. Maximum distance from hole to back of draw-bar is 3/4”
and no closer than 6” to center of axle. Hitch must be parallel to
ground and must be a minimum of 1/4” thick up to a maximum of 3/4”
- All tractors must have safety device to prevent turnover.
This device is to have wheels or skid plates. Wheels are to be a least
1” wide and 5” in diameter and have a steel hub. Skid plates are to be
at least 3” square at the ground contact points. Wheels or skid plates
must at least 5” behind the rear wheels and no more than 5” above the
ground. Framework must be adequate to support tractor.
- All weights must be securely attached to the tractor. Any
excessive or obvious loss of weights or other components may be cause
for disqualification unless breakage while hooked to the sled. No
weights to measure more than 5” behind back edge of rear tire.
- No portion of any tractor, including weights, may not exceed 8
feet forward of the center of the rear wheels. No part of any tractor
may exceed 6 feet in width. No wheel weights or attached devises shall
exceed the outside of rear tires. See class rules for specifics.
- Driver must remain seated on horizontal part of seat during
pull and have a stock seat or seat with back minimum of 3” tall.
Fenders are required and must be safely secured to protect driver from
tires. One hand must be on steering wheel at all times.
- Tractors must be operated in safe manner at all times and
equipped with working brakes.
- All tractors must use a garden tractor type carburetor in
Stock and Stock Altered Classes.
- All drivers must be clean and neatly attired. Tractors must
be clean and painted.
- Drivers under age of 18 years old must have a parental signed
consent on file. THIS WILL BE ENFORCED.
- Excessive consumption of ALCOHOLIC beverages will be grounds
- Any person who refuses to be inspected for eligibility by
virtue of routine check of money winners will not be allowed to enter
and/or pull in the class in question until legality is verified. There
will be a $50.00 protest fee. If tractor is legal, the money will go to
the tractors owner. If illegal, money will be returned to protester.
Tear-down will be at the end of the day. Only tractor owners and the
tech committee will be allowed to be around the tractor during tear
down. Only head and/or carburetors will be removed.
- NO racing in the pits or parking areas.
- All tractors are required to have a wide front end with no
smaller than 6” diameter rim size pneumatic front tires.
- All factory appearing hoods, grills, and shields in place in
Stock and Stock Altered classes.
- All tractors will weigh in and have draw-bar checked before
- Weight classes include tractor and driver. NO WEIGHTS ON SEAT.
- All drivers must sign a release form every year so the
sponsor will not be held responsible for any accidents or injuries
occurred on the grounds.
- All minor drivers may have a parent or legal guardian walk
along side the track outside boundary lines. And all drivers under the
age of 16 years old must wear helmet in all classes.
- Judges have the right to stop or disqualifying contestant if
his tractor is being operated in an unsafe manner or if driver is
- All tractors must display club assigned number on front of
tractor or within an inch of front. Numbers must be visible from both
sides of tractor.
- Only one driver per tractor per class.
- Yearly pulling fees for membership: $20.00 per tractor
number, $40.00 maximum for two or more tractors.
- In all classes, Driver must be able to start and stop tractor
motion by themselves from the seat.
- No additives in all fuels. Alcohol [methanol] must pass water
test,except open class may run top lube only.
- All tractors equipped with a starter pulley must have a
retainer to prevent pulley from coming off end of crankshaft.
- NO texting while driving a tractor.
- Club officer have the right to override any misprints in the
- TRACTOR CLASSES
| 14 HP
|| 900 LB
|| GAS OR
|| 34 FLH
4000 RPM MAX
|| 1000 LB
|| GAS OR
|| FLH &OHV
4500 RPM MAX
|| 1100 LB
|| GAS OR
4500 RPM MAX
ALT NO RPM LIMIT
|| 1050 LB
|| 1000 LB
|| GAS OR
4500 RPM FLH
0-39.9 4500 RPM OHV
|| 1100 LB
|| GAS OR
CI 4000 RPM OR
0-49.9 4500 RPM FLH
40-45 CI 4000 RPM
0-39.9 4500 RPM OHV
| 30 CI
|| 950 LB
|| 30 CI
|| 950 LB
|| 30 CI
|| 1000 LB
|| 1050 LB
|| 1050 LB
1,2 or 3 cyl.
| 1 OR 2
MULTIPLE ENGINE OHV OR FLATHEAD AIR-COOLED
|| 1200 LB
|| 15 inch rims diameter
LIMIT IN FLATHEAD N.A.
155 CI FLATHEAD SUPERCHARGED
OHV ENGINE[S] TOTAL OF 90CI
100 CI DIESEL - 1 TURBO LIMIT
- RULES THAT APPLY SPECIFICALLY TO 14 HP
- Engine speed will be limited to 4000 RPM.
- The only modifications allowed maximum bore of .040” over
stock. Porting, use of larger valves, larger venturi,aftermarket heads is NOT permitted.
Aftermarket cams permitted.
- Maximum displacement for FLH will be 34.0 CI and 24.3 CI.
- Tractor will be subject to spot check for legality.
- Maximum tire size of 23x10.50x12, bar tires.
- A working governor is required.
- 52 in wheel base max.Must be a stock garden tractor frame.Can be notched for starter ringgear flywheel only.
- All children 6 - 8yrs old may have a parent or guardian walk
along side of tractor . Ages 9-12 walk along is optional.
- There will be a separate points listing for all rookies.
- All tractors must have scatter shield opposite the camshaft
side of the motor. Shield must be made of a minimum of 1/16 steel or
.090 aluminum. Dimensions must be from the bottom of the engine to 4
1/4" above the center-line of the crankshaft and must be attached in a
- RULES THAT APPLY TO SPECIFICALLY TO
ALTERED STOCK CLASSES: LIMITED RPM
- All Altered Stock tractors must have a working governor and
dead man throttle.
- All single cylinder cast iron block engines are to have
scatter shield opposite the camshaft side of the motor. Shields must be
made of minimum of 1/16” steel or .090 aluminum. Dimensions must be
from the bottom of the engine to 4 1/2” above the center-line of the
crankshaft and must be at least 7” in width. Shield must be attached in
a secure manner.
- Wheel base will be 52” Max.must be a stock appearing garden tractor
frame.No halfpints frames.
- Frames will not be lengthened or widened.
- RPM limit SEE CLASS CHART for limit. NO EXCEPTIONS. If over
on RPM it will be rechecked three times. Three violations and you are
out for the year. Random RPM checks will be made without any advance
- Fuel in all Altered Stock classes will be pump gasoline .
- The top five tractors in each Altered Stock class may be
held back and checked of legality before declaring finished order.
- Altered Stock engines may be single or twin cylinder as noted
in the classification chart. Maximum of .040 overbore. Permitted are
special cams, shaved heads, porting and 1.200” venturi. Stroke must be
standard for that engine. Only four-cycle engine allowed. No
aftermarket engine blocks allowed.
- Horsepower of the factory original Altered Stock engine used
in these classes shall be a maximum of 25 HP. Flat head engines are
limited to 50.0 CI and Overhead valve engines 40.0 CI or according to
- Must use Stock head for make of
- RULES THAT APPLY SPECIFICALLY TO STOCK
ALTERED RULES FOR NO RPM LIMIT CLASS
- Single cylinder, four cycle, or flat head only. Engine must
be factory production or its OEM replacement, OEM stock appearance with
factory deck height. Stock head gasket must fit over studs or bolts.
- Smaller HP motors may pull.
- Must run factory looking hood and grill. Must be a stock appearing garden
tractor frame.No halfpint frames
- Engine may be modified..
- Tractors must have garden tractor rear-ends. Locked rear-ends
- Tractors must have a stock bore and stroke with .030 clean up
- Carburetor must be mounted to the engine with no more than
- Carburetor may not exceed one-inch venturi (venturi in stock
- Carburetor must be Kohler type or for type of engine.
- Billet heads are permitted along with after market stock
- Porting and polishing are permitted.
- Blocks may be relieved.
- Chokes may be removed.
- Air cleaner or velocity stack allowed.
- Cam shafts may be reground.
- Maximum valve lift .330.
- No welding allowed on engine blocks.
- No visible modification allowed on the engine blocks.
- All thread through finned area acceptable.
- No pressurized fuel tanks.
- No nitrous oxide.
- Fuel alcohol.
- No oversize valves. Stock size only.
- Kill switch required.
- Wheel base 52 inches maximum.
- Length is allowed up to 7 foot (from center of rear axle
- Maximum tire size is 26x12x12.
- Foot pegs platforms and seats must be in stock location.
- Weights cannot be more than 5 inches behind rear edge of back
- Steel flywheel mandatory.
- Starter pulleys must be billet, steel or aluminum. Factory
starter pulleys and stamped steel are not allowed.Must have bolt and washer on end of crank to secure starter pulley
- 36.46 cubic inch limit.
- Any other engines can not exceed Kohler specifications.
- Fire suit and helmet mandatory.
- All engines must have a scatter shield opposite the cam side
of the motor, and it must be made of 1/8” steel or 3/16” alum. Must
cover full height and width of block and be attached in secure manner
to frame and head or head plate.
- 30 CUBE FLATHEAD RULES ARE THE SAME AS
SUPER STOCK EXCEPT 30.00 CI LIMIT 950 LBS.
- RULES THAT APPLY SPECIFICALLY TO OUTLAW
- NQS RULES. EXCEPT NO NITRO METHANE
- ALL PREVIOUS 30 MOD TRACTORS ARE ELIGIBLE.
- Naturally aspirated only.
- Alcohol fuel.
- Maximum tire size 26x12x12.
clutch and engine shielding are required the same as Pro Stock.
- RULES THAT APPLY SPECIFICALLY TO PRO
STOCK AND SUPER STOCK
- Single cylinder Pro Stock is defined as any tractor having a
one cylinder air-cooled four cycle flat-head, commercially produced
block means: made by Kohler, Wisconsin, Briggs, Tecumseh. If a copy is
being made, engine must meet manufacturers spec’s for engine being
copied for: crank and cam location, deck height, two valves same side,
valve angle (max valve angle 6 degrees) and factory Kohler head bolt
pattern if other than stock.
- Original carburetor may be used. Stand off pipe or ram tubes
are permitted. Choke may be removed, single carburetor only. Air
restricting venturi must be in the middle third of carburetor and must
be round and not larger than 1.200”. Air controlled by a butterfly in
stock position in carburetor. No slides. No injection, naturally
aspirated only. No air entering after the 1.200” restriction. Must be a
Kohler type carburetor if other than stock for that engine model being
used. Recast carburetors may be used by must but patterned after Kohler
or Carter Model N Carburetor and meet these spec’s- maximum round
throttle plate area outside diameter 1.675” Maximum round choke plate
area outside diameter 1.900”, Maximum outside diameter of fuel bowl
2.350” (stock Kohler bowl) Maximum length of main carburetor body
- Tires must be no larger than 26x12x12.
- All tractors must have a hood and grill.
- Alcohol to be clear.
- No pressurized fuel tanks or nitrous oxide permitted.
- All final drive belts and clutches must be covered 360
degrees with 1/8” steel or equivalent.
- Open carburation in 50.5 CI Super Stock classes.
- Fuel will be checked and carburetor venturi measured if
protested along with CI.
- Helmets and Fire suit required.
- Stock blocks single cylinder engines must have a head tie down.
- No blowers or turbos permitted, only naturally aspirated.
- Stock frames are not required.
- Pro Stock flywheels and starter pulleys must be steel or
aluminum. No cast iron or cast aluminum. No welded fins, no stamped
pulleys if so stock altered maximum RPM of 4500 will be enforced.
- All tractors must be equipped with a dead man
throttle on induction system and must carry a 2 3/4lb. minimum size dry
chemical fire extinguisher or equivalent.
wheel base 56 inches form center of rear wheel to center of front wheel.
- RULES THAT APPLY SPECIFICALLY TO OPEN
- Any single or twin cylinder, 4 cycle engine or engines.
- Open carbonation.
- Blower or turbos are permitted. All turbo engines are to have
two 3/8” grade 5 or stronger in vertical portion of exhaust pipe. Bolts
to be installed 180 degrees to each other, within 1” of each other.
- Tire size, maximum of 15” rim diameter.
- Maximum tractor length including weights is 8 feet from
center of rear axle to farthest point forward.
- All of drive train shall be covered as per item 7 or Pro
Stock rules s well as all other safety related rules as specified in
Pro Stock and General Rules sections.
and full fire suit required.
- ADDITIIONAL RULES FOR DIESELS IN OPEN
- Diesel engines limited to 1
- Diesel engine requires one,
1/4” min. Steel cable surrounding both block and head. This cable must
be placed between the first and second cylinder. Cable must have a
minimum of 2 clamps on each side of splice. Cable must have
approximately 4 inches of slack.
- Diesel engines must have
manual fuel shutoff control within easy reach of driver. (Normal fuel
shutoff on diesel pump)
- Manual 3 way dump valve
required on all diesel engines just before the injector pump that can
be operated from driver’s seat.
- On diesel engines the kill cable must
manually activate on air shutoff device. No electric operated air
shutoffs. Diesel system must have a spring loaded air shutoff device
activated by a positive enclosed cable. Air shutoff device to be a
hinged door, (rain cap type) or slide type device on the air intake.
Diesel system shall be deemed acceptable if it at least prevents the
building of boost. Diesel air shutoff must have a separate control or
driver working independent from control sled.
- Diesel engines must have
externally visible return to idle spring on the fuel injection pump
- Deflection shield required on
both sides of engine block parallel with crankshaft, extending the
complete length of the block casting.
- Shielding on inline engines
shall extend from the bottom of head (top of block) to 2” below bottom
center of crankshaft throw. Shielding must be a minimum of 1/16” (.060)
steel or aluminum and must be mounted to chassis independent of side of
engine block. Shield may be braced to chassis, header mounting, engine
- If using hood, side shields to
be mounted independent of hood. Hood must be allowed to tilt or removed
and side shields are to stay with chassis.
- All exposed turbochargers and
turbochargers under non-metal hoods must be completely shrouded 360
degrees, except for inlet and exhaust pipes with a minimum of 1/16”
(.060) steel or aluminum.
- All diesels must use a steel
or aluminum flywheel, (no cast iron) and clutches and drive line
shielded the same as all alcohol tractors.
- Diesel engines must shield all
rotating mass mounted to crankshaft opposite the flywheel end. Shield
must cover 360 degrees from engine block to one inch (1”) in front of
rotating mass. Shield to be from frame rail to frame rail by a minimum
of 1/8” (.125”) steel or aluminum and fastened to frame on each side by
a minimum of 2 evenly spaced bolts (5/16 grade minimum.)